"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him." - John 3:16-17
WHO WE ARE.
Trinity Lutheran Church is located in beautiful Vallonia, Indiana and was founded in 1874. Our Christian congregation is a member of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod. For 145 years we have been a confessional and liturgical congregation that confesses the apostolic, catholic faith found in the Holy Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments. We preach Christ and Him Crucified for the forgiveness of sins. We confess the Three Ecumenical Creeds: The Apostles, The Nicene, and The Athanasian and also The Unaltered Augsburg Confession and Luther's Small Catechism as a correct exposition of the teachings of the Word of God.
We are also brothers and sisters in Christ, nourished by His Word and Sacraments and committed to sharing His love and reaching out to meet the needs of all people.
We are part of an association of Lutheran Churches that have formed Lutheran Central School in Brownstown, Indiana. St. Peter's Lutheran Church in Brownstown and St. Paul Ev. Lutheran Church in Wegan are also part of our association. For more information about our school, please call the school office at (812) 358-2512 or visit their website: http://lcsaints.net.
Currently, we offer the Lord's Supper on first and third Sundays of each month and on festivals. We ask everyone to speak to Pastor about receiving the Lord's Supper for the first time.
Trinity's Event Calendar
Check here for what is coming up this month.
- Sunday, November 24: 8:30 a.m. Sunday School - Children's Christmas Program Begins Today! & Bible Class (Part 3 of 3 - An Outsider Visits an LC-MS church YouTube video)
- Sunday, November 24: 9:30 a.m. Special 145th Anniversary Service with Pulled Pork Potluck to follow.
- Wednesday, November 27: 7:00 p.m. Thanksgiving Eve Divine Service
- Sunday, December 1: 8:30 a.m. Children's Christmas Program Practice & Bible Class (Augsburg Confession)
- Sunday, December 1: 9:30 a.m. Divine Service
- Wednesday, December 4: 7:00 p.m. Advent Service (Meal before at 6:00 p.m.)
- Sunday, December 8: 8:30 a.m. Children's Christmas Program Practice & Bible Class (Augsburg Confession)
- Sunday, December 8: 9:30 a.m. Matins
- Wednesday, December 11: 7:00 p.m. Advent Service (Meal before at 6:00 p.m.)
- January 25-26, 2020: Trinity's Mission Festival (Begins Saturday at 9:00 a.m.) (Speakers: Rev. Delwyn Campbell, Missionary Tirzah Krey, and Rev. Charles Ferry)
- Every Monday: Lutheran Central School Chapel at 8:30 a.m at St. Peter's Lutheran Church - Brownstown
"Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight." - Romans 12:9-16