"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him." - John 3:16-17
WHO WE ARE.
Trinity Lutheran Church is located in beautiful Vallonia, Indiana and was founded in 1874. Our Christian congregation is a member of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod. For 145 years we have been a confessional and liturgical congregation that confesses the apostolic, catholic faith found in the Holy Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments. We preach Christ and Him Crucified for the forgiveness of sins. We confess the Three Ecumenical Creeds: The Apostles, The Nicene, and The Athanasian and also The Unaltered Augsburg Confession and Luther's Small Catechism as a correct exposition of the teachings of the Word of God.
We are also brothers and sisters in Christ, nourished by His Word and Sacraments and committed to sharing His love and reaching out to meet the needs of all people.
We are part of an association of Lutheran Churches that have formed Lutheran Central School in Brownstown, Indiana. St. Peter's Lutheran Church in Brownstown and St. Paul Ev. Lutheran Church in Wegan are also part of our association. For more information about our school, please call the school office at (812) 358-2512 or visit their website: http://lcsaints.net.
Currently, we offer the Lord's Supper on first and third Sundays of each month and on festivals. We ask everyone to speak to Pastor about receiving the Lord's Supper for the first time.
Trinity's Monthly Calendar
Check here for what is coming up this month.
- Wednesday, January 6: Epiphany of our Lord Divine Service 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 7: Church Council Meeting 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 9: Christmas Un-decorating 9:00 a.m.
- Sunday, January 10: First Service 8:30 a.m.
- Sunday, January 10: Voter's Meeting / Children's Sunday School 9:30 a.m.
- Sunday, January 10: Second Divine Service 10:30 a.m
- Wednesday, January 13: Revelation Bible Study 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, January 17: First Service 8:30 a.m.
- Sunday, January 17: 2021 Mission Festival Presentation with Rev. Eric Stinnett, LCMS Missionary to Ethiopia 9:30 a.m. (He will also preach at both Services. You may find out more & support him by clicking on his name.)
- Sunday, January 17: Children's Sunday School 9:30 a.m.
- Sunday, January 17: Second Divine Service 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, January 20: Revelation Bible Study 6:30 p.m.
- Subscribe to Trinity's YouTube Channel to watch our Services and Pastor McKinley's video devotionals.
- Lutheran Central School's Monday Morning Chapel at St. Peter's Lutheran Church - Brownstown is currently only streamed online.
- In case you missed the 2020 Mission Federation's Annual Reformation Rally Watch it here.
"Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight." - Romans 12:9-16
Children's Sunday School & Adult Bible Class
(Labor Day to Memorial Day)
at 8:30 a.m.
Divine Service at 9:30 a.m.
(Currently 2 Services at 8:30 & 10:30 a.m. - Sign Up on our Facebook page)
Sun. Evening Communion Service at 7:00 p.m.
Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m.
(Meal before at 6:00 p.m. - Advent meals cancelled in 2020)
Bible Study at 6:30 p.m.
Facebook & YouTube Pages
Go to Facebook or YouTube for streaming Trinity's Services, Bible studies, and devotions by Pastor McKinley and other updates and information.
Like us, leave a comment, and follow Trinity on Facebook here:
Subscribe to the Trinity Lutheran Church Vallonia, Indiana YouTube page here:
Receive God's Gifts with Us
4413 South State Road 135
Vallonia, IN 47281
"Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near." - Hebrews 10:19-25